Join us and be part
of our team
Job Overview (ART TEACHER):
The role of an art teacher is to supervise and assist students with their artwork as well as teach different kinds of visual art mediums. Art teachers are also required to prepare and design lesson plans for students according to their age group and abilities. Teachers should be able to teach and manage a class of students (min. 6) professionally.
- Explain art processes, including drawing, painting, and handicraft.
- Develop lesson plans according to the students’ age group.
- Assess student’s learning progression.
- Encourage students to be creative and imaginative.
- Create a lively and interesting learning environment.
- Give proper instruction on tools, equipment use and care.
- Work on students’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Setting up the classroom for lessons and cleaning up afterwards.
- Communicate with parents regarding student’s class performance and progression.
- Planning for events or birthday parties.
- Clean up and maintain the classroom cleanliness.
- Assure that students are clear about every lesson’s objective.
- Communicate with parents and work together with them to come up with a cohesive enrichment program and for their children.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Art or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Working experience in the related field is beneficial for this position.
- Preferably Entry Level specialising in Arts/Creative/Graphics Design or equivalent.
- Adequate knowledge of current art knowledge and early childhood education.
- Must be able to work on weekends.